I recently came across a product that is called ume plum syrup. This product does not contain sugar, or rock sugar, but rather it is made from the dried plum itself. This product is actually different from the one I have always bought in the past. I like the plum syrup that I use to buy in the store, but I thought that it might be nice to try a new one. I was excited to try this one, because I didn’t know what it was made of, and I like to find out what different products are made of.
You can find Ume Plum Syrup (also known as Japanese plum wine) in many Asian grocery stores. It is bottled in a beautiful glass bottle and its color is dark and rich. The natural color of Ume Plum Syrup is a dark purple-red color, while the color of the artificial plum syrup is a shiny light red. However, to make the syrup more attractive and attractive for consumers, the artificial Plum syrup has a red color more vivid than the natural one.
Here’s the recipe for my mom’s Japanese Ume plum syrup, which is really delicious and scrumptious. Plum syrup can be drunk with water or soda water, or as a topping for crushed ice. It is usually made with powdered sugar, but you can also make it with regular white sugar. Even if you don’t have a glass jar, you can use storage bags, for example. B. Ziploc, to be used to make plum syrup.
- 500 g Japanese plums (preferably green, but yolks can also be used)
- 500 g white crystalline sugar
- 2 L glass jar or large Ziploc bag
As you can see, this recipe just adds the same amount of plums and sugar, so adjust the amount as you like.
STEP 1: Rinse the plums well. Drains do not need to be dried after washing.
STEP TWO: Remove the stems from the plums with a toothpick.
STEP THREE: Put the plums in a container or bag suitable for freezing. Then put them in the freezer overnight.
STEP 4: Place the frozen plums in a clean glass jar or Ziploc bag. Then add the sugar.
STEP 5: Keep it in the fridge. Shake the glass regularly to dissolve the sugar. If using a Ziploc, gently wipe the bottom of the bag.
STEP 6: After about a month, when all the sugar has dissolved, it’s time to enjoy the plum syrup.
If the plums wrinkle, it means the plum extract has leaked out, so remove the plums. Raw plum is edible, but the poison is very weak, so you should not eat much of it. If your glass jar takes up a lot of room in the fridge, you can transfer the plum syrup to a smaller jar.
How to appreciate the syrup of plums of ume?
To make a plum syrup drink, mix one part plum syrup with four parts water/carbonated water/milk. When filling the crushed ice, it is not necessary to dilute it.
What is the shelf life of Ume plum syrup?
Homemade lime syrup can be stored for at least six months. Make sure it is always kept cool.
I think ume plum syrup is a soothing food that helps against fatigue. Because every time I drink Ume juice at the end of the day, I feel the energy coming back. I hope you like the Ume plum syrup just as much. Even if you don’t have time to make the plum syrup after you buy it, frozen plums will keep for about 3 months, so you can make it whenever you want.
If you are interested in another ume recipe, check out my article The best homemade Japanese plum wine (umeshu).
Japanese prune syrup without barley sugar
- 500 g japanese lamb’s wool, preferably green, but you can also use yellow ones
- 500 g white crystalline sugar
- Flush the pipes thoroughly. Drains do not need to be dried after washing.
- Remove the stalks from the plums with a toothpick.
- Place the plums in a container or bag suitable for freezing. Then put them in the freezer overnight.
- Place frozen plums in a clean glass jar or Ziploc bag. Then add the sugar.
- Keep in refrigerator. Shake the glass regularly to dissolve the sugar. If using a Ziploc, gently wipe the bottom of the bag.
- After about a month, when all the sugar has dissolved, it’s time to enjoy the plum syrup.
- If the plums become wrinkly, it means that the plum extract has run out, so remove the plums. Raw plum is edible, but the poison is very weak, so you should not eat much of it. If your glass jar takes up a lot of room in the fridge, you can transfer the plum syrup to a smaller jar.
ume syrup granulated sugarume syrup moldjapanese rock sugarumeboshiume syrup bubblesume syrup vinegar,People also search for,Privacy settings,How Search works,Umeboshi,Tsukemono,Umeshu,Alcohol,ume syrup granulated sugar,ume syrup mold,japanese rock sugar,ume syrup bubbles,ume syrup vinegar,ume jam