Kadhai Paneer – cottage cheese and fried peppers in spicy tomato sauce
Kadhai Paneer – One of the most popular paneer dishes. This is a fairly simple and quick recipe for a pan-fried dish that consists mainly of chunky tomato sauce with freshly grated whole spices. The glass dish for kadhai is a quick stir-fry vegetable. There is no need to prepare a curry or sauce to make a glass dish for kadhai.
First Kadai Masala is prepared by roasting and coarsely grinding certain spices – coriander seeds, cumin seeds, fennel seeds, pepper and Kashmir pepper. Then fry a few slices of tomatoes and diced bell pepper in tempeh, then add tomato paste and sauce, add spices and kadai masala and fry until oil comes out.
Now add peppers, tomatoes and breadcrumbs to the cooked masala. Then just mix and match. Kadhai Paneer can be served as a side dish and leftovers can be put into sandwiches and rolls.
I have also put these delicious recipes online….
You can subscribe to my Youtube – Maayeka channel for delicious video recipes.
You can also follow me on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and You Tube for more delicious recipes and updates.
Have you tried this recipe? Click on the asterisks ★ in the recipe sheet to send us your comments! If you’ve tried it, you can also click on the recipe selection and share on Instagram with the hashtag #maayeka
Print the recipe
Coarse cubes of paneer mixed with a spicy tomato sauce with freshly ground whole spices.
Cooking time 10 min.
Cooking time 10 minutes
Total duration 20 minutes
Yes, of course: Lunch box recipe, Main course
Kitchen: Punjabi kitchen
Keywords : Paneer Kadai, Paneer
Serving : 4 persons
Author: Anjana Chaturvedi
- 2 cups paneer cubes
- 2 Bell peppers / Capsicum / Shimla Mirch
- 3 Chopped tomatoes/Tamatar
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger/adriek
- 2 Green chilli / Hari Mircha
- 3 large tomatoes in cubes
- 1.5 teaspoons. Tomato ketchup (optional)
- Spices –
- 1/2 teaspoon. Fire seeds / Sabut Jera
- 1,5 teaspoon dried fenugreek/Kasuari Methi
- 1 bay leaf / Tej Patta
- Pinch of garam masala powder
- 1/3 teaspoon. Turmeric powder / Haldi powder
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes / kuti today laelspiegel
- 1/4 cup milk or cream
- 1 teaspoon salt / namak
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 teaspoon. Fire seeds / Sabut Jera
- 1/2 teaspoon. Pepper / Kali Mirch Sabut
- 1 tablespoon coriander seed / Danish Sabbutus
- 3 whole Kashmiri red peppers
- 1/4 teaspoon. Fennel seed / Saunf
- Tomatoes, peppers and diced or julienne breadcrumbs
- Coriander seed, cumin seed, fennel seed, peppercorns and whole Kashmiri red chillies, dry roasted and coarsely ground/chopped
- Heat 4 tablespoons of oil in a frying pan and fry the cabbage pieces for a few minutes, add salt, chili powder and kadashi masala and put them in a bowl. Now add the diced tomatoes (remove the flesh and cut into cubes) and fry for a few seconds, remove and set aside.
- Now put the paneer cubes in the same pan, season with salt, chilli powder and a pinch of kadai masala, fry for one minute and place on a plate.
- Now put 4 tablespoons of oil in the pan, add the cumin seeds, chopped green chilies and ginger and fry for a few seconds.
- 3 Add the tomato paste with salt and sauce for 1 minute.
- Now add the turmeric, 1 tablespoon coriander powder, 1 tablespoon chili powder and the crushed kadai masala, saute and fry covered until the oil starts to release.
- Now add the paneer cubes, pepper pieces, tomatoes, tomato ketchup, garam masala, chili flakes and 1/4 cup milk or cream and stir to coat the paneer cubes with the masala paste and cook covered for about 2 minutes.
- Add the chopped casuari methi/dry fenugreek leaves, ginger slices, 1 tbsp butter and chopped fresh coriander and cook for about 1 minute.
- Serve warm with naan, paratha or other Indian breads.
kadai paneer recipe video, kadai paneer dhaba style, kadai paneer recipe sanjeev kapoor, kadai paneer recipe in hindi, kadai paneer nisha madhulika, kadai paneer recipes, kadai paneer home cooking, simple paneer recipes