Super light and tender chicken wings with oysters in a terracotta pot with roasted onions, vegetables and garlic on the bottom for a balanced main dish in one pot.
I was inspired by a local restaurant called HuangJiHuang, which offers a very nice way to cook meat and vegetables with a well-chosen sauce. Chicken wing is still on our list, especially for kids. Fried chicken wings and fried versions are still my daughter’s favorite snack. With this version of the clay pot (if you don’t have a clay pot, you can use any other pot with a thicker bottom, like a cast iron pot), you create almost the same tender texture when baking and roasting. Vegetables and relishes are placed on the bottom, so there is no direct contact between the chicken wings and the pot. This means that the thickened wings are cooked with mild steam powder, which helps to maintain a super soft internal texture.
Moreover, the outer skin is perfectly seasoned by the thickness of the sauce. Vegetables and herbs, especially garlic cloves, are an excellent addition to the dish. Once the chicken has absorbed the juicy, combined sauce, it becomes so delicious. You can also use other vegetables that are easy to cook.
Use an earthenware or cast iron pot that you can keep warm.
Soy sauce can be a little salty, so adjust the salt as needed.
You can also use other vegetables, such as sliced potatoes, sweet potatoes or melons. They can be an amazing part of this dish. The garlic cloves are incredibly delicious, by the way.
Other chicken wing recipes
Coca-Cola Chicken wings
Lightly salted and peppered chicken wings
Bloated red chicken wings
Chicken wings with oysters
Chicken and oyster wings in a clay pot 20
Calories: 637 kcal
- 20 chicken wings
- ground pepper
- 1tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2green onions, chopped
- 1 ginger, half cut and half diced
Chinese wine Shaoxing
light soy sauce
dark soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon
ground black pepper
- Patten deflates the chicken wings.
- Cut a few lines on each side of the chicken wings. Add salt, pepper, oyster sauce, ginger and green onions. Mix well and set aside for 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients for a combined sauce.
- Add 1 tablespoon of oil to the pan and fry the chicken wings for 2 to 3 minutes until the surface is lightly browned.
- Prepare a pot or earthenware pan, add another tablespoon of cooking oil and fry the garlic, ginger and green onion until fragrant. Add the onions and peppers.
- Then place the chicken wings one by one and drizzle with the sauce.
- Cover and simmer over medium-low heat for 10 minutes. Serve warm.
Chicken wings with oysters
Calories from fat 432
Daily value* (%)
Saturated fat 12g75%.
Fiber 1g4% fiber
Sugar 1g1% sugar
Protein 45g90 %.
Vitamin A 879IU18%.
Vitamin C 22mg27
* Daily percentages are based on a 2000 calorie diet.