Indian food, particularly Rajasthani food, is famous for its rich and flavorful taste. One such dish is the Gunda Kairi ki Sabzi. This is a simple yet delicious dish made using a traditional Indian recipe. The main ingredients used in making this dish are mustard seeds, tomatoes, and coriander leaves. This is a great side dish to serve with a bowl of piping hot rice.
I’m sure I am not the only one who is tired of the kairi sabzi that we all have come to know and love. I mean, there’s only so many ways that you can cook kairi! But, after seeing this recipe for Rajasthani Gunda Kairi ki Sabzi I knew it was time for a change. By using a little more oil, spices and different vegetables, the kairi has a whole new flavour.
Kairi is a spherical, dried, light-brown colored dal. It is prepared by soaking kairi in water overnight and cooking it. Kairi is a good source of protein. It contains all eight essential amino acids. It is good for making a tasty and nutritious khichdi. Kairi is rich in dietary fiber and hence, helps in promoting good digestion. It is also good for cardiovascular health and for lowering cholesterol. Kairi is also rich in vitamins and minerals.
Rajasthani Gunda Kairi Sabzi – Delicious roasted raw mango and gum
Rajasthani gunda kairi ki sabzi is a summer dish from Rajasthan and Uttar Pradesh. Gunda/lasoda/nisoda/lesua is a berry with a sticky seed inside. It is a seasonal vegetable that is only available for a few months in the summer. Cooking perfect gunda fries requires patience. It must be perfectly cooked first, as an overcooked ghunda turns into mashed potatoes when baked. The sticky seed must be removed from the inside. The seeds are quite slimy, so dip your fingers in oil or salt OR use a small spoon to remove the seeds. Gunda/Lasoda has a pretty mixed flavor, so you need a good amount of oil and spice to make it crisp and tasty. A lot of oil and spices are added, giving it a marinade flavor. The shelf life of these chips is 2 days at room temperature and 4 to 5 days in the refrigerator. Add mango powder or slices of fresh raw mango for extra sourness. I prefer slices of fresh raw mango. You may also like these recipes You can subscribe to my youtube channel – Maayeka to receive new recipes every week. You can also follow me on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and You Tube for more delicious recipes and updates. Have you tried this recipe? Click on the ★★★★ stars in the recipe card to leave us your comments! Once you’ve tried it, you can also take a picture of the recipe and share it on Instagram with the hashtag #maayeka.
Rajasthani Gunda Kairi Ki Sabzi
Delicious roasted spicy gummi berries and raw mango / Lasoda Sabzi Cooking time5 minutes Cooking time 13 minutes Course: Lunch box recipe, Main course Kitchen: Rajasthani cuisine, Uttar Pradesh cuisine Tags: camedi berries, gunda, GUNDA KAIRI KI SABZI, Gunda sabzi, kairi, labheda, lasoda, lesua, lesva, nisoda, no onion or garlic. servings : 5 persons Author: Anjana Chaturvedi
- 1/2 kg Gunda/Lasoda/Nisoda
- 1 Mango rohe cup / Kachcha Aam
- 1,5 tablespoons fennel powder/Bhuni Saunf
- 2 tablespoons coriander powder / Dhania powder
- 1,5 tablespoons chili powder/laal mirch
- To the taste of salt / Namak
- 1/2 Teelöffel Kurkumapulver/Haldipulver
- 5 tablespoons mustard oil / Sarso ka tel
- 1 Teelöffel Fenchelsamen / Saunf
- 1/4 Teelöffel Asafetida/Hinga-Pulver
- Wash all gundas first, then remove them from the stems and try to leave the caps intact.
- Boil enough water in a large pan and add all the gundas to the boiling water.
- Cook it until done, i.e. it should open when pressed from the center.
- Allow to cool completely and remove the cores by pressing lightly.
- You can dip your fingers in oil or salt to easily remove the kernels OR use a small spoon to remove the kernels.
- Wash and cut raw mango into small pieces or grate it.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and add the fennel seeds to the medium hot oil.
- When the seeds start to crackle, add the asafetida and turmeric powder.
- Now add the chopped raw mango and a pinch of salt, cover and cook over low heat for one minute, or until the mango is soft.
- Now add the gundas and salt and fry for 2 minutes on high heat.
- Add all the dried spice powders and toast for 2 minutes over medium heat.
- Cover and braise for 5 minutes.
- Keep stirring 2 or 3 times between each to make sure it sticks to the bottom or burns.
- Your gunda kairi ki sabzi is ready to be served.
- Enjoy a paratha, puri, roti or daal kahwal.
- It will keep for 2 days at room temperature and 4-5 days in the refrigerator.
This recipe is a delicious combination of Rajasthani cuisine and Indian cooking . Rajasthan is a state in the northwest of India, and is bordered by Pakistan on three sides, and by the Indian states of Gujarat and Madhya Pradesh to the east, south, and west. A large portion of Rajasthan lies in the Thar Desert. In Rajasthan, people use a lot of lentils as the main ingredient of their dishes, and this recipe is a perfect example of that. This recipe is a combination of the Rajasthani guda kairi (dried lentils) and the Indian spice, the kalonji (nigella seeds).. Read more about pandol ki sabji and let us know what you think.
gunda ki sabjigunda ki sabji in englishgunda sabji in englishki ki sabjisimbal doda ki sabjibhutki ki sabji,People also search for,Privacy settings,How Search works,5:22राजस्थानी कैरी गुंदे की लजीज सब्जी …Geeta's CookingYouTube – Apr 18, 2019,5:22,राजस्थानी कैरी गुंदे की लजीज सब्जी …,Geeta's CookingYouTube – Apr 18, 2019,Geeta's Cooking,YouTube – Apr 18, 2019,5:55राजस्थानी गुंदे की लजीज सब्जी …Geeta's CookingYouTube – May 14, 2020,5:55,राजस्थानी गुंदे की लजीज सब्जी …,Geeta's CookingYouTube – May 14, 2020,YouTube – May 14, 2020,4:55Carry Gunda Sabji Recipe | Lasoda Sabzi | Labede Ki Sabji | Instant …Suman Tasty RecipesYouTube – Apr 9, 2017,4:55,Carry Gunda Sabji Recipe | Lasoda Sabzi | Labede Ki Sabji | Instant …,Suman Tasty RecipesYouTube – Apr 9, 2017,Suman Tasty Recipes,YouTube – Apr 9, 2017,See more,Vegetable,Food,Ki ki sabji,8:25Simbal Ki Sabji | सिम्भल की सब्जी | Silk Cotton Tree Fruit Dish …Ashu's Home KitchenYouTube – Jan 30, 2020,8:25,Simbal Ki Sabji | सिम्भल की सब्जी | Silk Cotton Tree Fruit Dish …,Ashu's Home KitchenYouTube – Jan 30, 2020,Ashu's Home Kitchen,YouTube – Jan 30, 2020,6:36Simbal recipe |simple and easy recipe by nasreen's kitchenNasreen's KitchenYouTube – Jan 27, 2018,6:36,Simbal recipe |simple and easy recipe by nasreen's kitchen,Nasreen's KitchenYouTube – Jan 27, 2018,Nasreen's Kitchen,YouTube – Jan 27, 2018,4:51सिम्भल की सब्जी |Simbhal ki sabzi |Silk Cotton Tree …SmitaRawat's KITCHENYouTube – Mar 11, 2018,4:51,सिम्भल की सब्जी |Simbhal ki sabzi |Silk Cotton Tree …,SmitaRawat's KITCHENYouTube – Mar 11, 2018,SmitaRawat's KITCHEN,YouTube – Mar 11, 2018,7:19राजस्थानी फोफलिया की सब्ज़ी | Rajasthani …Ashish JoshiYouTube – Apr 1, 2020,7:19,राजस्थानी फोफलिया की सब्ज़ी | Rajasthani …,Ashish JoshiYouTube – Apr 1, 2020,Ashish Joshi,YouTube – Apr 1, 2020,1:45फोफलिया की सब्जी II Rajasthani Fofaliya ki sabji II …Rajasthani SharmaYouTube – Apr 1, 2020,1:45,फोफलिया की सब्जी II Rajasthani Fofaliya ki sabji II …,Rajasthani SharmaYouTube – Apr 1, 2020,Rajasthani Sharma,5:01राजस्थानी फोफलीया की सब्जी | Rajasthani …MERI RASOIYouTube – Jan 4, 2021,5:01,राजस्थानी फोफलीया की सब्जी | Rajasthani …,MERI RASOIYouTube – Jan 4, 2021,MERI RASOI,YouTube – Jan 4, 2021,gunda ki sabji in english,gunda sabji in english,bhutki ki sabji,pandol ki sabji