Tomato and mint pilaf rice
Rice and tomatoes are popular foods in all states of India, although they are the staple food in South India, but rice is also consumed daily in many North Indian states. Depending on individual choice and regional specialization, different types of paddy rice are produced.
What is tomato rice
This spicy pulao tomato is a specialty of South India and there are many variations to prepare it. I learned this recipe from a friend and since I’ve made it several times, it’s also an easy and delicious recipe for kids.
You can also add cooked vegetables to make it more nutritious. This tomato pie is very tasty as a quick lunch recipe or as a tiffin variation, or for a tourist meal. You don’t need company to go with him. A bowl of yogurt, salad and papad can be served if you want to serve some things together.
How to cook tomato rice –
There are two ways to prepare this rice. Cook the rice first or use a leftover rice and then add the cooked tomato masala.
First the tomato masala is prepared, then drained and soaked rice is added to the cooked masala and the rice is cooked.
Then cook the rice first or use leftover rice and then add the cooked tomato masala.
Do what works for you. You can prepare the tomato pulao in a frying pan, rice cooker or pressure cooker.
If you like to cook rice pilaf pulao, try these….
You can subscribe to my Youtube – Maayeka channel to get new recipes every week.
You can also follow me on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and You Tube for more delicious recipes and updates.
Have you tried this recipe? Click on the asterisks ★ in the recipe sheet to send us your comments! If you’ve tried it, you can also click on the recipe selection and share on Instagram with the hashtag #maayeka
Print the recipe
Tomato Rice | Takkali Sadam
Tomato rice – Delicious sweet and sour tomato and mint pilaf rice
Cooking time 10 min.
Cooking time 15 minutes
Total duration 25 minutes
Yes, of course: Lunch, Rice Cooking, tiffin recipes….
Kitchen: South Indian Cuisine
Keywords : rice, Takkali Sadam, tomato, tomato rice, tomato rice recipe
Serve it up: 4
Author: Anjana Chaturvedi
- 1,5 cup rice/flakes
- 5 medium-sized tomatoes, cut into pieces
- 2 teaspoons red chili powder/lilac mirror
- 1/4 teaspoon. Turmeric powder / Haldi powder
- 1.5 teaspoons. Sambhar powder of your choice
- A handful of fresh peppermint / pudina leaves
- Salt / Namak flavor
- 3/4 cup green peas / Hari Matar
- 1 teaspoon Kashmiri chili powder
- 1 inch slice of beetroot (optional)
- 4 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1,5 teaspoon mustard oil
- 1 teaspoon. Fireplace/Jera
- 1/4 cup Kashyu/Kaju
- 10 curry leaves
- 2 teaspoons green chili pepper
- 2 Bayleys/Tejpatta
- 5 Green cardamom / Hari Elaichi
- 2 black cardamom / Badi Elaichi
- 2 cloves/lavender
- 6 peppercorns / Mirch Kali Sabut
- Rinse the rice and let it soak for about 20 minutes.
- Chop the tomato and make a smooth puree.
- Heat the oil in a pressure cooker or heavy-bottomed pan and add the mustard and cumin seeds to the oil.
- Once the seeds start to crackle, add the cashews, chopped green chilies and curry leaves, then the cloves, pepper, cardamom and bay leaves.
- Now add the tomato paste and all the spices and cook until it starts to thicken and comes out of the pan.
- Add chopped mint, all the spices and the soaked rice and mix gently.
- Add 2 cups of water and mix well, you can taste the salt and adjust if necessary.
- Cover the pan with the lid and cook for 2 to 3 minutes over low heat, or over medium heat under pressure, until the whistle sounds.
- Open the pressure cooker when cool, uncork and gently loosen the rice with a fork, serve hot.
- Serving tips – Serve with yogurt, cucumber and papadomas.
- You can add a mix of vegetables to this pulao with peas or just cook it with tomatoes.
- You can prepare this pulao with basmati rice or any other short grain rice of your choice.
tomato rice powder recipe,tomato bhaat,tomato rice without onion,tomato rice recipe sanjeev kapoor,tomato rice recipe in marathi,tomato biryani,side dish for tomato rice,tomato rice recipe in hindi,tomato rice in tamil,tomato rice vietnamese,tomato rice recipe mexican,tomato rice soup recipe,tomato rice rice cooker,tomato rice tamil style,italian tomato rice,kateh gojeh farangi,tomato rice nyt,tomato egg rice,tomato rice hebbars kitchen,tomato rice cooker,tomato rice side dish,tomato rice portuguese,potato side dish for tomato rice,lemon rice recipe in english,rice with tomatoes and onions,tomatoes and rice, southern style,tomatoes and rice and sausage,brown rice with canned diced tomatoes,rice diced tomatoes black beans,Feedback,Privacy settings,How Search works,easy tomato rice recipe,tomato rice recipe vietnamese,tomato rice with cooked rice,tomato rice recipe hebbars kitchen,tomato rice in rice cooker